Up to $ 5,000 credit for purchased or bank financed solar PV system;
Other incentives are available for solar thermal (example – solar water heater), geothermal and other renewable energy products. For information about anything other than solar PV, please click here to visit the PG County Property Tax Credit resources website.
You might also be eligible for the Maryland Solar Grant ( $ 1,000 ), Federal Solar Tax Credit ( 30% of the system’s installed cost), residual income from sales of Solar Renewable Energy Credits, and potentially more, but those incentives can be discussed with your solar energy consultant.
A sample application and information you need to obtain prior to filing this application is shown at the bottom of this page.
For more information please reference:
Organization:Prince George’s County Office of Finance
Address:P.O. Box 17578
Baltimore, MD 21297-1578
Don’t have solar but want to receive these incentives – here’s why you have to rush!!!
With the County’s budget running out so quickly and the waiting list for funds to homeowners extending into 2020, it’s only a matter of time before the program completely expires.
So if you don’t have solar yet, you can still get it before the tax credits and other incentives run out.
If you know someone who wants to reduce their energy consumption, save money on energy, profit from the many incentives available, or just do their part to reduce pollution, then please click here to setup a phone call to learn about our referral incentive program, where both you and the friends you refer benefit.
Click here to reserve a 10 minute phone consultation – no cost and no obligation. Find out if you can take advantage of these benefits with a zero money out of pocket solar power system and save money and the environment with clean energy.
Note: If you have in-depth questions or would like an in-home consultation, you will have to schedule it during this 10-minute initial phone consultation. We will not be able to go in-depth during our initial phone call and we will not be able to provide you with 100% certainty that your home will qualify for these programs during this initial call.
Click here to request a custom report for your home sent to you by email. Requires address for Google Maps imaging, mobile (preferably) phone number for verification, and email address to send the no cost and no obligation report.
Instructions for obtaining the information in the highlighted fields:
- Click here to get your Property Tax ID Number in Prince George’s County’s Online Property Account Database;
- “Copy of Invoices” – Click here to download your solar contract from the mysolarcity.com portal;
- Lost portal password? Click here to reset. Never had access to the portal / not yet a customer? Click here to fill out form;
- “Copy of Inspection Certificate:” Call Customer Service at: 1-888-765-2489 and ask them to email, fax or mail it to you;
- For Leased or PPA Systems, the Solar Contract (“Lease agreement” or “PPA Agreement”) satisfies both requirements – follow instructions above under “Copy of Invoices.”
- “Subscribed and Sworn…” This application cover page needs to be notarized. You can find notary publics at parcel shipping centers, banks, post offices, or by Googling “Notary near me.”
Mail the notarized application and supporting documents to: